We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimable Beaches

suebeach
4 posts
Save Topic
Swimable Beaches

Does anyone know what hotels in Cabo/San Jose are on the swimable beach? Is the Grand Baja Resort and Spa near or on that swimable beach? I've heard ocean swimming in Cabo is tough and a bit dangerous. PLEASE INFORM!! THANKS!

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimable Beaches

I have read that there is snorkelling at Bahia Chileno and Bahia Santa Maria. They are along the Tourist Corridor, between Cabo and San Jose. It looks as if "Dreams Los Cabos " is close to Bahia Chileno.

Also, I've heard that Playa El Medano is swimmable - that's Cabo - RIU Palace is close by.

Check out www.loscabosguide.com for some great maps of the resort areas.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimable Beaches

Aren't they all swimable beaches? I was in Cabo before and there didn't seem to be a beach you couldn't swim from....but I've not been to San Jose Del Cabo and was considering that. I see the maps, but is it dangerous b/c of tides?

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimable Beaches

There are very few places for safe swimming in Cabo. Just last week a man died in the ocean in front of the Hilton. You must have stayed where the swimming is okay.

4. Re: Swimable Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo