We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Mega" store?

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
"Mega" store?

I have heard alot about this place. They say it is like a Wal Mart. What is the actual name of the place? Do they really have all of the same things that Wal Mart would have? Are the products in English as well as Spanish? Also, does anyone know if there is a pharmacy in the store? Any way to contact them? Thanks so very much for any help you can give.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Mega" store?

cali,

it is call Mega. it is located just on the outskirts of SJD on the road to CSL. its a big grocery store with a lot of other stuff, not so much of a walmart. there is a walmart and a City Club and a Costco in CSL. if your looking for bulk items like water snacks etc. the City Club and Costco are good bets. Cabo is a tourist invention so you will see most everything in english and spanish. no worries there. the Costco and City Club have pharmacies and there are pahrmacies all over Cabo. if you have a US Costco membership it will be honored in Cabo if not the City Club sell a one day membership for like 1.10 U.S. Have a wonderful trip. Buena Suerte........ jim

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,853 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Mega" store?

If you are staying in San Jose I would say Mega is THE place to shop...awesome. However if you are going to be in Cabo San Lucas, I ditto Yachtmerchants info.

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Mega" store?

Thanks so much to both of you for the help. We will be staying very near the Mega. Within walking distance, I think. Sounds like they would carry toiletries and first aid type stuff? Sunscreen, makeup, lotions? Just want to pack as light as possible :) !

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: "Mega" store?

cali,

they do have those items as do all of the small store around Cabo. Buena Suerte........... jim

5. Re: "Mega" store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 03:27