We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Azul Construction?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Cabo Azul Construction?

Hi, was thinking about booking a trip to Cabo Azul and I'm not clear as to the current state of construction at the resort.

I've heard they are operating out of a temporary lobby and that there is/was construction at the front of the resort?

Does anyone have any info on this? If there is active construction, I would not book it.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
2,075 Reviews
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
Grand Velas Los Cabos
Grand Velas Los Cabos
#1 of 45 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
One&Only Palmilla
One&Only Palmilla
#3 of 45 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos
Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos
#5 of 45 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Azul Construction?

smilsom,

The inside of the resort is beautiful, as to the construction the street appeal is lacking as it looks like construction is going on and maybe it is but it has looked exactly the same everytime we have been in San Jose for the last 3 years. I have never seem anyone working on it lately and we were there over the New Year holiday. I don't think you will need to worry about construction noise.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
California
Olympia, WA
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Azul Construction?

None of the recent reviews mention anything about construction noise either (although the latest notes the temporary lobby). I would expect that if construction noise were a problem, someone would have mentioned it.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,764 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Azul Construction?

We stayed at Cabo Azul in late October. Yes, the front of the resort has ongoing construction and is not appealing. When you get inside it is just gorgeous, quiet and lovely!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
2,075 Reviews
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
4. Re: Cabo Azul Construction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 01:16