We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Morelia

ottawa
Level Contributor
38 posts
50 reviews
Taxis in Morelia

We will be arriving in Morelia from Mexico City by bus in a couple of weeks. I assume taxi is the best method of transportation to the centre of the city, but would appreciate any advice on taking taxis in Morelia. Are there any safety issues?

4 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1. Re: Taxis in Morelia

There's a desk inside the bus station where you can book an authorized taxi into the city. I can't remember the cost to the historic centre, but think it might have been around 100 pesos. I experienced no issues doing this about a week ago.

Depending on how much Spanish you speak, it could be helpful to have the full address and phone number of your hotel written down for the driver.

BC
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
201 reviews
2. Re: Taxis in Morelia

Taxis are easy. Verify the fare when you get in, they use a zone system. Inexpensive.

Yes, at the bus terminal you will pay for the taxi chitty at the official desk, show them the address.

Monteverde Costa...
Level Contributor
667 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Taxis in Morelia

I took a local RUTA or small bus into town. it's a ways into el centro but get to see some neighborhoods. 8 pesos maybe. Not as quick but cheap and fun. Let us off right at the Zocalo.

Get em out front a ways.

ottawa
Level Contributor
38 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Taxis in Morelia

Thanks for the information.

Reply to: Taxis in Morelia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted