We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morelia to Puebla via bus

Portland, Oregon
6 posts
1 review
Morelia to Puebla via bus

Hello,

Can anyone offer details about bus travel from Morelia to Puebla? I am guessing I will need to make a transfer in Mexico City?

I understand that Primera Plus travels from Morelia to Autobuses del Norte bus station in DF. Are there first-class buses that go from the Norte bus station to Puebla?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Kelli

2 replies to this topic
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,325 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Morelia to Puebla via bus

ADO has departures from Mexico Norte to Puebla every forty minutes or so. However, it might be easier for you to change buses in Querétaro. There is an hourly bus from there to Puebla that bypasses Mexico City completely. I think it’s Transvia, which is the same company as ETN, which would also do Morelia to Querétaro.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,325 posts
129 reviews
2. Re: Morelia to Puebla via bus

Turistar not Transvía! There are more Primera Plus than ETN departures from Morelia to Querétaro. You'd need to study the timetables to work out the quickest route. However you go, you are looking at 8-9 hours travel. If money is not an issue, you could fly from Morelia to MEX, from where there are frequent buses to Puebla, some of which will drop you at the downtown terminal rather than at CAPU, which is a long way from the centre.

Reply to: Morelia to Puebla via bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Morelia