We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
54 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

Hi-I saw a bunch of posts and sites for the Barcelo in RM, but does anyone know if there is a difference between the Caribe and Beach rooms at the Barcelo Maya? Doing a girls only trip.....Thanks!

Byron, Minnesota
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

No difference in those two. Where you will see a difference is if you book at the Tropical, Colonial or Palace. They are an upgrade from the Caribe and Beach. Spend so little time in rooms anyway -- no need to book in th more expensive unless you get a super deal.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
54 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

Awesome, thanks!

bc canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

we stayed at the Barcelo beach last year. they are all in a row along the beach. but the barcelo beach has the best beach in front of it. and it is the closest to the watersports. loved it !!!!

henderson
Level Contributor
778 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

Just got back from the cAribe in December.

In this order the resort falls: Beach, Caribe, Colonial, Tropical, Palace.....

the beach and caribe pretty much mirror each other and are the oldest (but still veryyyyyy nice) and fall imo on the best stretch of beach for lounging, swiming, walking etc...the Colonial and Tropical mirror each other for the most part...and the Palace is a whole different upscale ballgame.

Depending on how finicky your gal friends are...you will be perfectly fine at either the beach or caribe. when we were at the caribe most of the mattresses had just been replaced...heavenly, and the lines were new, pillows too and a flat screen tv. Not sure how many upgrades the beach has completed yet. Both places great for the price. Good luck.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
54 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

Thanks! I missed a great price by a few hours, hopefully it will come back down later this week!

Canada
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

I would take whicever one (Beach or Caribe) is cheapest. They are both the very same although the Caribe is only comprised of 2 buildings while the Beach has 3. Both underwent major renovations and I hear are very nice.

They are both on the nicest part of the beach and have the livliest lobbies. The open-air dining in the buffets is nice as long as you don't travel in the hottest/most humid months.

henderson
Level Contributor
778 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

one more thing...a previous poster mentioned that last year this is where the water sports was located. When we were there in Dec. The watersports was located near the tropical and colonial and that stretch of beach was reeeeeeeeally busy w/ soccer, beach volleyball, etc...not that that is a bad thing but I think it may have been relocated to this area since last year and no longer near the beach/caribe.

I too loved the lobbies for the evening. Just busy, and fun to have a drink and people watch and the fountains in the back ground etc.

8. Re: Barcelo Maya Caribe vs Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 00:18