We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting Car at Edmonton Airport

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
449 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Renting Car at Edmonton Airport

We need to rent a car at Edmonton International - flight arrives at midnight. The Avis website notes that their counter is not open at that hour. Any insight into which rental agencies may be open between midnight and 1:00a.m. Also, any insight on which agencies may have vehicles on site and which ones shuttle you to an off-site lot for vehicle pick-up?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
311 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting Car at Edmonton Airport

The five car companies with on site rental locations are Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty and National.

I believe National is the only one that is ever open after midnight. They are open until 12:45 am Monday-Thursday.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting Car at Edmonton Airport

i think this is a regular problem with people flying into the airport late. might just be easier to grab a taxi that first night and rent the next day from edmonton (assuming you are staying here).

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting Car at Edmonton Airport

een

Just to clarify, there are no YEG car rental companies offsite. The only five car rental companies for that area are indeed onsite flyeia.com/ground_transportation/car_rentals

Twice recently, I've had late arrivals and not been able to get my reserved rental car. Ended up taking cabs because the car rental counter was closed.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
449 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting Car at Edmonton Airport

Thank you all for the information ... booked the Radisson this morning ... they have a rental counter at the hotel, so won't have to get the vehicle at the airport.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
311 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting Car at Edmonton Airport

AB Traveller - that's not actually true about YEG car rental companies all being onsite. There are offsite companies with locations in Leduc that offer shuttles from the airport. Enterprise and Alamo are two of them, and there may be others that I am not aware of.

Mentioned in this post
Leduc
Leduc
Alberta, Canada
6. Re: Renting Car at Edmonton Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 01:20
;