We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mileage chart

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
mileage chart

Could someone please tell me a link that has a good

Alberta mileage chart? I would like distances from

Calgary to Banff, Banff to Yoho, Banff to Jasper, etc. I have searched online but no luck!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mileage chart

Travel Alberta has a decent mileage calculator here:

www1.travelalberta.com/en-ca/index.cfm…

If you would like your miles, not kilometers, you can either convert using an online tool like www.onlineconversion.com , or you can use Mapquest.com to find the directions, distance, and driving times.

Searching for the distance from Banff to Yoho probably won't give you proper results, since Yoho is a large national park. Instead, look for Banff, Alberta to Field, BC; Field is a hamlet in Yoho right next to the Trans-Canada Highway.

Jasper and Banff are both towns and the names of the national parks that those towns are in.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mileage chart

I like using Google Maps (http://maps.google.com). It's quite easy to get driving directions, times, and distances. Just type in something like 'Calgary to Banff' in the search box and it will give you the distance and route. You can also drag the route and start and endpoints around to get distances using alternate routes.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mileage chart

Jerm, do you know how to get Googlemaps to display miles, not kilometers?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mileage chart

Click on the 'show options' link below the destination box (on the left side). Then choose miles and click 'Get directions'.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mileage chart

*doh!* I was looking right at it earlier and missed it entirely :( Thanks, Jerm!

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mileage chart

Thanks very much to you all. Sounds like good

information and I will check it out.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
209 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mileage chart

Try www.mapquest.com its a great tool for times and distances.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mileage chart

Albertafamily,

I used to use Mapquest all the time, but I'm learning that Googlemaps does everything Mapquest does - but better. I'd encourage you to give it a try.

9. Re: mileage chart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 00:16