We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff National Park fees

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Banff National Park fees

Because the town of Banff is in Banff National Park, do I have to pay the daily parks fee for each day that I am at my hotel in Banff of around town?

Disheartened05

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,557 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff National Park fees

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Disheartened!

If you are not using a car to get around the park and townsite, you are effectively exempt from park fees. That's because enforcement is focussed on cars. So if you're cycling, hiking, and using ROAM transit within the town, you don't have to worry about the parks fee.

However, the parks fee goes directly toward enhancing Banff National Park. Your park fee helps to support everything from roadside viewpoints to picnic areas to the fencing and overpasses that keep wildlife away from the busy, dangerous Trans-Canada Hwy.

The parks fee is $19.60 per vehicle per day (with 2-7 occupants), or, if you're travelling solo, $9.80 per day. Your fee pays for your park access until 4 pm the following day. This is extremely reasonable compared not only to other world-class attractions, but to other local attractions as well. You're travelling over a thousand kilometers from Denver to see Banff; surely the national park has some value for you?

For more about the park fees, see this TripAdvisor Traveller Article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154910-c13975/Banff-…

Edited: 09 March 2012, 00:23
2. Re: Banff National Park fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:42