We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Calgary Airport to Canmore, AB

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Calgary Airport to Canmore, AB

My flight arrives in Calgary a few minutes before midnight, Sunday, March 4, 2012. Assuming one hour to clear customs and to collect my bags. I need a ride to Canmore. Are there any carriers operating that time of night? Will accept a private carrier if they are reputable and safe.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,221 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Calgary Airport to Canmore, AB

There are two regular shuttle service from Calgary international airport to Banff and Canmore, Banff Airporter and Brewster. Unfortunately, for both, their last scheduled departure is at 10:30 pm.

Banff Airporter also offers an anytime sedan service, but that will cost $275 (3 ppl max): banffairporter.com/private-sedan/rates/

There are other sedan services, but most of them don't publish their rates.

So, if you're travelling alone and you can find a hotel with an airport shuttle that's less than $225 per night, you can get a good night's sleep and take the first Banff Airporter shuttle to Canmore at 9 a.m. You'll arrive in Canmore at 11 am - and pay just as much as taking the sedan service: banffairporter.com/scheduled-airporter/… (The first Brewster Shuttle doesn't leave the airport until 11:30 a.m. - explorerockies.com/airport-shuttles/calgary-… )

Edited: 06 February 2012, 21:33
Gainesville, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Calgary Airport to Canmore, AB

Thank you, Destination Expert, for your quick response and valuable information.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,221 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Calgary Airport to Canmore, AB

My pleasure! And welcome to TripAdvisor!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Calgary Airport to Canmore, AB

As well as the Banff Airporter, you might look at a private shuttle with Banff Transportation. They also operate the local taxi company, but have a full range of vehicles and drivers at their disposal.

www.banfftransportation.com

5. Re: Transportation from Calgary Airport to Canmore, AB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2013, 05:34