We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary Airport Parking

Medicine Hat...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Calgary Airport Parking

Traveling in January and am wondering about what are the best parking options for 2 weeks at Calgary International Airport? Is the Economy lot secure and are their shuttles to and from the terminal?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,546 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

One other option you may not be aware of is that some airport-area hotels will give you free long-term parking in their lot, and a shuttle to and from the airport, if you stay with them the night before your departure. That might be nice after the long drive in from the Hat, especially if you have bad luck with the road conditions.

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

First off, it certainly isnt a long drive from med hat.there are 2 private ran lots near the airport that are reasonable priced and secure and also have shuttle service to and from thier lots.check the internet for coupons i have always found one or the other company has at least a 10 or 20 percent off offer.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,630 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

By your standards, stonekold, it may not be a long drive, but if the OP has an early morning departure and/or a late night arrival, an overnight stay may be required.... it's not always feasible to drive 3+ hours immediately before flying out, or after getting back. This is an issue for me every time I go somewhere, since the two closest airports are 4 hours (YEG) and 5 hours (YYC) from me; when I am comparing flight costs, the arrival & departure times and whether there might be hotel costs involved is also a deciding factor (in other words, I look at the total cost ... the cheapest flight may not be the least expensive option overall). I stayed at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport on one occasion because of their "Park, Stay and Go" package - I needed to overnight after a late arrival anyway, and it saved me over $130 in parking costs for that particular vacation. (My review can be accessed by clicking on my user name.)

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

the op asked for options for parking AT THE AIRPORT he did not ask for what hotels offer parking .or else he would have stated he needed a hotel and asked about which was the better options.people tend to see what they want to or they just want to ramble on and on about something that has nothing to do with someones point blank question.this forum is to help others with answers to thier questions not ramblings about everything but what they asked for.

Medicine Hat...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

We will not be staying the night before because we have a late afternoon flight out, so the hotel parking option is not one we will be doing (did that before and worked out great). We do come back at 5 AM on the return flight and am looking for an option that is close and not to much hassle to get to in the last week of January.

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

try park and jet i have used them numerous times.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

We are trying Park2Go at Christmas, on the recommendation of a friend who travels out of Calgary very frequently. She likes their "valet" service.

http://www.park2go.ca/

You can make a reservation online, if you want to.

Your other cheaper option is the Econo lot right at the airport. http://www.yyc.com/Default.aspx?cid=11&lang=1

The rates are quite reasonable. It is a short walk to the north end of the terminal; best to drop off people, luggage and then park. Payment is by cc only when you exit; there are no attendants (unless you have payment issues and you need to use the help button!).

Hope everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit!!!

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
68 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

Ive used the economy lot and I really like it. It is about a 5 Min walk to the terminal. I like it better than the park and jet type options because you dont need to mess around with a shuttle bus. It is safe as it is very close to the airport.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
473 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

I like using the economy lot at the airport as well - but it's been full the last couple of times I've tried to park there. Anyone have insight into when's the best/worst time to try to get a spot there?

Would be greatly appreciated. Flying out for a week again soon and looking at staying at Delta Airport Hotel if I can get a cheap economy lot spot.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
473 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calgary Airport Parking

Don't mind me - gonna bump this up.