We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to parking at the Saddle dome?

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Alternatives to parking at the Saddle dome?

Hello,

We're driving in from Lake Louise this evening for a concert and back. We would like to get out of there as quickly as possible, it's going to be a long enough night as it is.

I have heard it can be quite congested to get out of the parking lot at the Saddledome. Does this apply more to when the Stampede is on, or is it true for concerts as well? If so, where would be a good alternative to park?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternatives to parking at the Saddle dome?

The stampede grounds provides lots of parking for any event at tha Saddledome, problem is that there are very few route OUT of those parking lots. I gave up years ago parking on the grounds.

I would suggest parking on the roads west of MacLeod Trail (13th, 14th or 15th AVE). After 6:00 parking is free and while it may take a few minutes to locate a spot you can get out of there much quicker (and cheaper). The only caveat is that you'll have to walk from your car to the 'dome and back (10min each way). If streetside parking is not your thing there are a couple pay lots in the same area I mentioned above. It will cost you but it will be quicker than the 'dome lots.

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternatives to parking at the Saddle dome?

Thanks so much, we'll head to that area.

3. Re: Alternatives to parking at the Saddle dome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2012, 05:18