We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool side rooms?

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pool side rooms?

Can anyone tell me, are there any 4 or 41/2 star hotels in or around Calgary that have pool side rooms?

Enjoy sitting around the pool and having the room footsteps away.

J&W
Calgary AB
Level Contributor
599 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool side rooms?

Best Western in motel village has them on the second floor.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool side rooms?

Hotel Arts may have them, but make sure the room gives you pool access. Some reviews in the past suggest that the pool may be booked for events, or reserved for diners at the Raw Bar.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool side rooms?

Please ignore the first post, obviously that is some sort of attempt at humor.

Since I live in Calgary I don't really stay in hotels here, so I can't honestly say for sure which hotels have poolside rooms, however some places to look into that would fit the 4 to 4.5 star category that you are looking for might be: the Hyatt (downtown), Sheraton (downtown, Eau Claire Market), the Palliser (similar to the Hotel Fort Garry in Winnipeg).

Hotel Arts and Le Germain are also worth considering if you prefer boutique hotels.

I would suggest phoning and asking the concierge/front desk staff at each property if poolside rooms are avaiable or not.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 17:34
Calgary
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool side rooms?

I can picture what you're requesting, but I imagine no such thing would exist as most guests would find being "steps from the pool" as potentially noisy as he**.

Indoor pools are usually at or near the ground level of a hotel, and rooms begin on the 3rd floor.

If you're thinking outdoor pools, those are also rare as our climate doesn't lend itself to outdoor except for about 10 days in the summer ( exaggerating a bit, but it's close! )

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool side rooms?

Doh!

I see now the " Poolside Suites" available at Hotel Arts.....very interesting.....

J&W
Calgary AB
Level Contributor
599 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool side rooms?

If you have not been and do not stay do not comment. villageparkinn.com/calgary-hotel-with-parkin…

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool side rooms?

So you're saying the Village Park Inn has some poolside rooms? That's good to know for future reference, since I didn't spot anything on their website stating that: villageparkinn.com/calgary-hotel-accommodati…

However, Donnalee401 was asking about four-star hotels with this feature; TA only shows 7 four-star hotels in Calgary, all located in or near downtown:

www.tripadvisor.ca/HACSearch…

Although the Village Park Inn may be very nice, it's probably not in the same league as the Palliser, St Germain, or Hyatt.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 20:29
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool side rooms?

PS I just noticed the final hotel on that list is the Sheraton Cavalier, near the airport. It is very popular because of its water park. If you don't mind sharing the pool area with kids, you might ask them if any of their rooms are poolside ones. They also say that they have an adult pool, hard to know if that's in the same space as the water park or not.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 20:33
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool side rooms?

Or the Delta Calgary South - has a few poolside rooms....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pool side rooms?

Agreed with CW, nothing in the motel village area would be equivalent with 4 to 4 and a half star accomodation ratings, and that is specifally what the OP was requesting. If you read her original question that is quite apparent, so that's why I suggested that she should not even consider any hotel over in that location. You should be trying to answer the OPs question J&W, rather than recommending places that are less that what she is wanting, as that is not helpful. I'm sorry if you are offended, but nothing in the motel viallge area would qualify as a 4 to 4 and half star rating IMHO, and most Calgarians would agree with this. It's fine if you are looking for 2-3 star accomodations, but not 4-4 and half.