We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

I see the WestJet has a new JetSet parking facility at the Edmonton internation airport - any good or bad experiences? Is it worth the $$?

76 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

Used them recently and was mostly pleased. I was going to use Park n Fly but we were late so I wanted something closer. Obviously couldn't use online for booking so just did YouPark which was a walk of about 100 ft to the building (already dropped the family and bags at the airport). Shuttle arrived quickly and to the terminal quickly. I agree with others that signage is an issue. For a first timer, arriving and parking was a guess, there is no signage for where to get the shuttle back and exiting the lot was a nightmare with directional signs taking you to dead-ends. But the price was good and in the future I'd try the WePark booked online for the same price. The people with me had their cars sitting there all ready to go. One thing to remember, they asked me if I had a discount coupon that can be printed online which I didn't know about (since it was last minute). I'd suggest printing one if you haven't pre-booked somewhere just in case you happen to use them. All in all I was pleased with the facility and the price, they just need to work on their directions and signage.

edmonton
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
52. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

Will never use JetSet Again!!!

they do NOT pick you up at your vehicle so you need to walk to their huts

then to top it of you still have to go to the airport with your baggage and check in...

pay the same as other parking co.

and when you think things could not get any worse when we returned we waited at the airport for the jetset shuttle to come and pick us up.. one shuttle came empty and didn't stop and left... we waited for over half hour before someone came and that was only after one of the people waiting called and complained... my 82 yr old mother had to stand and waite for the shuttle to come.... POOR POOR Service ......

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
53. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

If you can avoid them - do! Especially in the winter.

The lot is not ploughed and customers are generally left to help each other get unstuck. Also, the power to your block heater is arguably never turned on.

I am always hearing of more and more people not being able to start their plugged in cars after only one day.

When I was stuck, there was no one else around so I phoned jetSet for their tow truck. The truck came but the guy obviously didn't know what he was doing as he bent my car's axle. I understood too late why everyone else waited to find another customer to help them.

It was a $1,300.00 bill and despite many polite emails trying to get them to take responsibility, I got nowhere at all.

I can only conclude that the owner/manager is totally unethical and has no conscience. Thus it is best to avoid that place all together.

54. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 July 2013, 01:28

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

I used JetSet last January when I flew out of town. Very reasonable price. Was great being able to drive up, drop the checked bags off, check in and go park. Then a shuttle comes around and picks you up close to your car and brings you back to the JetSet terminal. From there the bus goes right up to the doors of the airport. My only complaint was that when it snowed they would plow the snow but leave a windrow about a half foot to a foot high behind all the parked cars on either side. I was stupid and instead of clearing out the snow from behind my car I tried backing over it and ended up bending up the heat sheild on the underside of my car. Not a big deal just a hassle that could have been avoided if they cleaned up the aisles a bit after plowing the snow.

Dawson Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

ABSOLUTELY!!! we have used them numerous times and will be doing so again in november....best deal you'll find around and the employees at the parking area are superb!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

Jet Set is awesome!! Book Online for a discount, also look on their FB page for promo codes! I parked for a whole weekend for under $20. They have WestJet check-in, free coffee/water, and nice helpful staff!

Alberta
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

It's excellent especially if you are flying West Jet. They will check your luggage right there and then you don't have to haul it to the airport. Cheaper than the other carparks in the area.

Edmonton, Alberta...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

We have used JetSet parking every year for the last 4 years during the winter months. We have only flown WestJet once in that time. We will continue using JetSet as it has very reasonable prices for two weeks at a time (which we usually go for) They have our vehicle warm and running when we get off the shuttle bus and we do not have to do the snow clearing as it's done for us!! The only difference with taking a flight other than WestJet is that you take your luggage on the shuttle with you to the terminal where as if you are flying WestJet you leave your luggage with them and they take it for you. We have NEVER had any problems :)

Western Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments

Be careful on these posts as most positive ones are from new posters raising a red flag for me. My experience was not a happy one and I can not recommend.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 09:46
Reply to: JetSet Parking at EIA - any comments
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted