We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sasaktoon, Sk...
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

Hello,

A few of us are coming from Saskatchewan to watch the Grey Cup this weekend. As hotels are at a premium we've got a place out in Sherwood Park.

What would the cost of a Taxi be from the Shaw Conference Centre downtown out to Sherwood Park? Staying at the Coast Hotel if that changes anything.

Thanks in advance.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

I used a taxi estimator site, and came up with $40 each way, which sounds about right to me.

www.edmontontaxime.ca

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

I know you asked for a Taxi estimate, but since you'll be staying at the Coast in Sherwood Park which is next door to the Millenium Place Pool / Hockey / Fitness facility you have another option.

Bus it. Grab a bus at the Millenium place over to the Sherwood Park main bus transfer station. Then catch one of the likely many buses that Sherwood Park will be running into Edmonton for Grey Cup fans. You may even get a direct ride to the stadium, and if not, at least to an LRT station where you can transfer for the ride to the stadium.

P.S. If it is a group of you, sharing a taxi and the cost thereof is likely the more comfortable option. If you don't want to get caught up in the transit and traffic mess that will develop that day. I know I'm staying home.

Edited: 24 November 2010, 16:20
Edmonton
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

Hey i live in edmonton clareveiw area i was wondering what bus i could take from ther to get to sherwood or at least what bus from central station. to get ther.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
307 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

You should probably start a new thread when you are asking an entirely different question from the original poster.

Sherwood Park is serviced by Strathcona County Transit buses. Any bus numbered in the 400s is going to Sherwood Park. I believe their main commuter bus from downtown Edmonton is the number 401.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,923 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

DamonSpang, welcome to TripAdvisor!

With a little help from google, I found these, which should answer your questions:

Strathcona County Transit: www.strathcona.ab.ca/departments/transit.aspx (see the link down near the bottom of the page for schedules and fares etc.)

Edmonton Transit:

edmonton.ca/transportation/edmonton-transit-…

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

Damonspang; FYI, you'll have to bus it over to the Clareview LRT. Then take the LRT downtown and get off near City Hall or the Shaw centre. Then, grab the 401 bus out to Sherwood. But first check the schedules that krp has posted for both Strathcona and Edmonton transit.

7. Re: Taxi Costs from Sherwood Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2011, 00:18