We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

Edmonton, Alberta...
1 post
Save Topic
8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

we are planning to go Vancouver, one week trip and come back to Edmonton, so im looking 8 or 10 passenger van. where can i get it

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,871 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums, Mindi!

I've heard that Budget offers vans like that. You might also check out Driving Force, an Alberta-based rental company: http://www.drivingforce.ca

Mentioned in this post
Alberta
Alberta
Canada
Wetaskiwin, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

Hello. I am looking to rent a 15 passenger van to Disneyland California. Alot of the rental companies do not allow out of Canada travel. Can anyone help me please?

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Wetaskiwin, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

My family and I are traveling to Disneyland California. I need a 15 passenger van. Most companies do not allow out of canada travel. Anyone have any suggestions?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,972 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

check with Enterprise rent a car. Be aware that no big van like that will come with unltd km so it gets expensive. Also your persoanl car insurance won't cover it, and at least in Calif you'd need a commercial drivers license.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

Beverly, it might help as far as responses go, if you start your own post rather than asking a question on this one. Many people may read the initial question and not know what you're asking. I'd also suggest posting it to something more general than Edmonton - maybe Road Trips or even the Vancouver forum where you may find more people who regularly visit the US. One thing to note, make sure you check everything out with the rental car company BEFORE you leave. By default the contract says you can't leave the country and some people have been hit with huge bills when they return the car (because they have GPS built in and can tell where you've been).

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

Fritzeg is quite right.

However, I just saw recently an online advertisement for a rental agency that allows cross border driving. But I have no idea if the company also offers vans.

p.s. if you can't find a van to rent for 15 people for a road trip to Disneyland - long drive by the way - you should consider a convoy trip of three or four personal vehicles. This would allow more flexibility once at your destination.

The only thing about convoying is the time and money. I checked and the driving time Edmonton (centre) to Anaheim (Disneyland) is just under 26 hours non-stop. Add on meal, toilet and fuel breaks and you're likely looking at 32 hours, i.e. a day and a half of non-stop convoying.

I know it can be done affordably, as I've once done a non-stop convoy trip from Windsor, Ontario to Key Largo, Florida and it took our four vehicles 23.5 hours, including all the limited breaks. Note: we had CBs to keep each vehicle in the loop.

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

In my experience renting from car rental agencies in Edmonton, you can't take the rental car out of Alberta without notifying them.

I was only driving to BC, but was hit with an additional fee for taking the car out of province once I told them my destination.

I have rented many cars in BC and took them not only out of province, but to the US without any additional fees. I was careful to let them know, however, that I intended to drive to the US. Sometimes there is limited mileage around this, it just depends on the car rental agency.

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Alberta
Alberta
Canada
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,197 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

Old post

North Bay, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

Here is an idea for thought. I drive Motorcoach for the Ontario Gov't. Last year we ran a private charter from Nortern Ontario to Orlando, Florida. We had already checked out passenger van rentals and realized that it was a deadend street.

We over investigated for 8 months and found nothing but headaches!

I decided to have my wife and Mom in law charter the 55 sweater and request me as the driver......paid vacation for myself. 2 weeks and just over 5600 Kim's worked out to cost $16,100. For 26 family and friends!

We had a blast!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
10. Re: 8 or 10 passenger van for rentals in Edmonton,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 00:16