We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otentik Tent at Whistlers Campground

Which Jasper National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Otentik Tent at Whistlers Campground

Having benefitted so much from the advice from these forums, I hope that I can contribute in some small way. :-)

In addition to its Cottage Tents, Whistlers Campground now has an Otentik tent available to book.

There isn't much info on what an Otentik Tent is, but I emailed the park and they confirmed that it is the same one in Riding Mountain National Park. LInk for description: pc.gc.ca/pn-np/…activ2_ix.aspx

Sorry, I don't know how to hyperlink here!

It looks bigger than a cottage tent and I think the small covered deck area will be useful in case of rain.... at least you can be outside the tent but still dry.

Hope that this info is helpful!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,148 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otentik Tent at Whistlers Campground

Thanks for the "heads-up" - I hadn't heard of this. I'll keep an eye open for this if I am out walking in the campground once the snow has melted.

Singapore
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Otentik Tent at Whistlers Campground

Thanks!

We booked it for June

If you have a peek, let me know! We're very excited!

Singapore
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Otentik Tent at Whistlers Campground

A small contribution: We stayed here in June. It is fabulous. Different configuration from the cottage tents, but equally comfortable. Otentik sleeps 6 at a pinch. The children love the bunk bed. There is also a table and chair inside the tent (no eating inside, because of bears) that proved useful as the children coloured and drew when it was drizzly and mum and dad tried to get dinner going on the propane stove outside!

The cottage tents have a proper double decker bed and a queen(?) bed so can fit 4 comfortably. No table and chair, but a futon style couch which is not bad for lounging.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Otentik Tent at Whistlers Campground

Thanks for this!

5. Re: Otentik Tent at Whistlers Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 00:15