We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats best driving route from Kamplos to Whistler

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
whats best driving route from Kamplos to Whistler

I m planning road tip to BC from Calgary and take overnight stay at Salmon Arm, and next day to Whistler. We are two families with kids and looking for some information/advice to pick a good route. Can some one pl advise us. Thanks

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats best driving route from Kamplos to Whistler

Cache Creek, Lillooet, Pemberton, Whistler

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: whats best driving route from Kamplos to Whistler

Thanks. We would be taking little stops for relaxing/scenic views after every 2.5 hours of drive. So your mentined intermediate points are good for that? OR these are just enroute points? I will appreciate if you provide some details as this is my first road trip to BC.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats best driving route from Kamplos to Whistler

These are just route points. There is lots to see on the way. Some winding mountain roads, some riverside roads, some lakeside pullovers, probably a lot of slow motorhomes. If you google "Road map Kamloops to Whistler" you'll turn up some detail. Here's a sample: milebymile.com/main/Canada/British_Columbia/…

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats best driving route from Kamplos to Whistler

Just to let you know, I agree with AlegreVancouverBC for a great route with lots of scenery and many pullouts to rest and enjoy the views.

5. Re: whats best driving route from Kamplos to Whistler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 02:20