We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U-Pick Orchards

Which Kelowna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BC
2 posts
Save Topic
U-Pick Orchards

We'll be in Kelowna in mid August and would like to u-pick some fruits. Anybody know what fruits will be in season and where could we go to pick them? Thanks.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: U-Pick Orchards

You're more than welcome to come to my backyard! I'm tired of picking fruit! (we have a cherry, pear, 2 plum, and apple trees). Anyway, to my point, you'll just be arriving at the end of cherry season, so you should still find some cherry orchards around. Cherries are at their best at the end of the season (really dark, plump and ripe) so you're arriving at the perfect time. You'll also be in time for peaches and pears, although cherries are usually the more popular. Apples don't come until September so you'll miss out on those. If you are coming into Kelowna over the floating bridge, you'll find a Tourist Information center just after you come off the bridge on your left by the Burger King (it's easy to miss and drive by). Just stop in there and they can give you a map of Kelowna, which will list off many U-pick orchards. Here's directions to about 3 U-picks: When you come off the bridge (you'll be on the highway) the 2nd set of lights will be Pandosy Road. Turn right onto Pandosy, and just drive down Pandosy until you think you've driven too far, and keep driving. Pandosy changes name into Lakeshore Road, but you're still on the right track. You'll drive past small shopping centers, a couple of beaches, into residential areas and schools. Eventually the road will start to go up a hill, and that's when the U-Pick Orchards start popping up. There is one on the left and then a couple more down the road on your left and right. From downtown, it's about a 15 minute drive. Make sure you have lots of energy to fruit pick, because it can get quite tiring after a while.

BC
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: U-Pick Orchards

Thanks Lemon2. Will check out the 3 locations you mentioned as well as the tourist information centre.