We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skytrain to granville island?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
biloxi
Level Contributor
116 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
skytrain to granville island?

My hotel is near the sky train can i take the train to granville island?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skytrain to granville island?

No

where is your hotel there are many skytrain stations so can't tell you best way to get to Granville Island unless we know where you are coming from.!!!

biloxi
Level Contributor
116 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: skytrain to granville island?

sorry, the pan pacific

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: skytrain to granville island?

Your best bet is to take the bus or walk due south on Burrard across town then take the aqua bus across False Creek.. by bus about 10 minutes, walking and aquabus about 40 minutes..

the west bound false Crek #50 bus will get you there in 16 minutes

http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire

here is the link to aquabus

http://www.theaquabus.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: skytrain to granville island?

The #50 bus picks up around the corner from the Pan Pacific - on Cordova (in front of Waterfront Station). That's the direct bus to Granville Island from your hotel.

The skytrain doesn't go to Granville Island. Honestly, you will probably not find a use for the skytrain - it connects downtown Vancouver with the eastern suburbs. It's not really used as intercity transit unless you're heading into East Van.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: skytrain to granville island?

With all due respect to my good friend BCRobyn, I think that the SkyTrain is a good way for a tourist to get the 'lay of the land' in and around Vancouver. Since it rides (for the most part) on an elevated guideway, the view is quite good, and the 'circular' nature of the Millennium Line/Expo Line means that you can take the train from downtown to New West, and back on a different route. You can even take the SkyTrain to Surrey, and get a spectacular view of the Fraser from the bridge.

Also, if I heard correctly, there's a company out of Waterfront Station which provides audio tours of Vancouver, specifically set up for the SkyTrain.

It's a cheap way to get an elevated tour of Vancouver.

6. Re: skytrain to granville island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 16:18