We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

Brisbane Australia
12 posts
Save Topic
Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

Are there any Outlet stores in or near Vancouver?

We would mainly be looking for things like kids clothing: Gap, Osh Kosh, Childrens Place, Calvin Klein, Banana Republic etc.

Is it worth renting a car and heading over the border to do this?

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

There simply aren't any factory outlet stores in Vancouver or Whistler or the region. There are certainly areas of big box stores... the only factory outlets I can think of are Le Chateau (Canadian clothing company focusing on fun, clubby type clothes), and I think Roots and Esprit had a factory outlet shop in east Van. Regardless, it's really in the States where you get mass factory outlets.

Whether or not it's worth renting a car and driving across the border is truly up to you. I know there are a few factory outlet shops nearby the border, but none in terms of high end fashion designers.

Factor in the price of the car rental, the gas to drive, the time it takes to get to Washington state (the factory outlets are located all over the state), and the currency exchange. When all that is factored in, sometimes it's just cheaper to purchase all those clothes in Vancouver.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

I think it would be worth the trip down into Washington State to shop at the outlets. The best outlet is Quil Ceda Village which is along Interstate 5 in Marysville, WA. They have amazing outlet stores there including Banana Republic, Puma, Wal-Mart Supercentre....too many to mention. The selection is ALWAYS better in the states as well. Even though we have some of the same stores, they always have so much more there.

The drive isn't bad either. The link below is to a news article about the opening of the outlet mall this past spring. Have a look - it lists the stores that are there!

Good luck shopping!

…nwsource.com/business/222772_tulalip04.html

Mentioned in this post
Marysville
Marysville
Washington
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

In Marysville it's called the Seattle Premium Outlets. Alot of major designers.

Mentioned in this post
Marysville
Marysville
Washington
Seattle Premium Outlets
Seattle Premium Outlets
551 Reviews
Marysville, WA
Westcoast_Girl
Level Contributor
324 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

For a huge day of good deals and shopping, I love Seattle Premium Outlets. Coach, Banana, GAP, Jockey, Guess, Nine West, Adidas, PUMA, etc etc etc. Well worth the trip, but perhaps not if you are a tourist and need to rent a car, etc. It's about a 2 hour drive from Vancouver, by the time you cross the border and get down there. I personally think it's worth the drive. Even the local sales and warehouses do not compare. They have a website if you do a search.

I would say our American neighbours have us beat in this department - the outlets in the US are amazing!!

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Seattle, WA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

Was just on the Seattle Premium Outlets website (www.premiumoutlets.com) and discovered the below which might be of interest who don't want to rent a car to get there.

Quick Shuttle

Shuttle service to Seattle Premium Outlets departing from downtown Vancouver, BC, and Vancouver Airport & Cruise Terminals. Shuttle runs daily. Reservations are required. (800) 665-2122

Sounds like it takes a couple of hours to get there. store opening hours are M-Sat 10am-9pm and Sundays 10am - 7pm.

Happy shopping!

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Utrecht
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

Any updates on this subject...

Maybe new outlet malls nearby vancouver ?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

Nope. They still only exist in the USA.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31,365 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

for what it's worth, there is a great little Jones of New York Outlet store on Westwood Street in Port Coquitlam a couple of blocks east of Coquitlam Centre.

Mentioned in this post
Coquitlam
Coquitlam
British Columbia, Canada
Coquitlam Centre
Coquitlam Centre
61 Reviews
Coquitlam, Canada
north of the 49th
Level Contributor
98 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

While the Roots clearance store is not huge, there are discounts to be find in this store. The former Costco near by is being converted to a Wal*Mart, and the new Costco is at Still Creek in Burnaby just east of Willingdon, north of HWY 1.

Mentioned in this post
Burnaby
Burnaby
British Columbia, Canada
Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Factory Outlet Stores- Vancouver, Whislter and surronds?

The only one I have heard of is:

Queensborough Landing New Wesminster, 805 Boyd Street

I haven't been and can't comment on it's usefulness.

I do know the Outlet in Tulalip is good (except the last time I was there (and all other times) I found the food court disgusting. It may have improved? There is a McDonald's on site that may be safer.