We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city view- Grouse vs Cypress vs Seymour

Wee Britain
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
city view- Grouse vs Cypress vs Seymour

Hi everyone,

We're interested in driving up to one of the mountains for a view of Vancouver. I know that we'd have to pay to go up Grouse so we're leaning towards Cypress or Seymour but which one has the best views of the city?

We'd probably drive up around sunset or after dark. How are the mountain roads at night?

Thanks!

Wee Britain
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: city view- Grouse vs Cypress vs Seymour

Just read a post recommending Burnaby Mountain Park. Is that another possibility to consider?

Forgot to mention that we'll probably be going to the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge right before that if it makes any difference in terms of driving.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,239 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: city view- Grouse vs Cypress vs Seymour

While Lynn Canyon is located at the base of Seymour, you'd have to go hiking through the forest to experience any sort of view at Seymour - definitely not doable at night or at dusk.

I'd opt for Cypress instead. The reason for this is that there is a fantastic look-out point half way up Cypress with a parking lot and picnic tables. It's the same place where I took this photo:

…vtourist.com/1723263-Panoramic_view_of_Vanc…

The drive is relatively short from Lynn Canyon and it's safe to do at night. There is a turn-off from the highway that you take to get up to Cypress and this lookout. Note that this road, while paved and safe, is not lit, so be cautious at night.

Wee Britain
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: city view- Grouse vs Cypress vs Seymour

Thank you!! That's exactly what I needed to know. Looks like Cypress it is then. We'll probably have dinner at the Salmon House on the Hill as well.