We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
haisla
4 posts
Save Topic
Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

Can someone please tell me which buses are closest to this hotel?what is the fare?

Is there a toll free number for this hotel? does anyone know the email adress?Is there computers available?is there a cost?

Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

1.800.663.5403 - phone number for the hotel

www.ramadavancouvercentre.com/location.html - hotels website... most other information should be on there - you can always call and ask about computers, etc.... in my experience there is almost always a charge.

as far as busses go - check out the trip planning section of translink.bc.ca - you can enter the hotel as your starting address and it will tell you how to get to where you want to go.

West Broadway is a pretty main street, so you should have no troubles.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

Tigger

Although I'm not familiar with Ramada Vancouver, I'll get you started. The hotel at 898 West Broadway has a website name of www.ramadavancouvercentre.com but comes up as Park Plaza Vancouver Downtown Hotel p: 604.872.8661 fax: 604.872.2270

1.800.663.5403. It states the rooms are newly renovated, the lobby expanded, and onsite fitness and laundry just opened. Although there's Highspeed Internet in all rooms (for a charge), I didn't see mention of a business centre.

Transit information is at translink.bc.ca/Transportation_Services/…

fare_pricing.asp

haisla
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

March27,'06

To:mislexa and ABtraveller:

Thank-you so much for your kind response to my questions.I will check into the info you gave me,it is a great start.

tiggerdeb

bc_canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

hi... right now this Ramada is under renovations... the drive-way where cars and taxis use for drop-offs is closed off. This area is the home of Vancouver General Hospital (VGH) and its various satellite buildings. The #9 bus (Broadway) stops on that block. And there is #99 fast-bus with limited stops which stops at VGH Centennial Pavillion.

Broadway is a cross-town street (west-east) but Broadway has its own Skytrain stations (2), at Commercial which easily connect downtown. Or you can take a regular or fast-bus to downtown. Broadway is a major transit corridor.

The current bus fare is $2.25 for 1 zone travel (within the City of Vancouver), 2 zone travel is $3.25 (travel to next suburb, like Burnaby, North Vancouver or Richmond) and $4.50 for 3 zone travel (Surrey).

I can't tell you much about the hotel as I never visited this Ramada.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

Use the translink website given in a posting above to find a bus to the hotel. There are a number that pass right in front of the door. It is very accessible by public transit.

The skytrain station mentioned above is nowhere near the hotel, so I do not recommend that you try that route from downtown. It is better to take a bus from downtown, get off at Granville and West Broadway, and then transfer to a bus that goes east on Broadway.

haisla
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

Hello everyone,I will be leaving for Van tommorow, The info I have received back from the thoughtful people has made me feel happy and not so nervous about taking a bus etc..

I did try the translink webpage, i tried to send an e-mail to the e-mail adress provided it did not go through, it is custrel@translink.bc.ca

-To aloha2005 and ar68 thank you so much for the info you took the time to send to me it was so thoughtful,it will be of great help to me.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

tiggerdeb:

One thing to keep in mind when trying to figure out public transit in Vancouver is that most bus stops (you wll be able to identify when you seem them) have an information phone number on them: if you call the number and tell the operator that you need to get from where you are to place X, they will tell you how to do it. I use a cellphone as I have one with me, but you should be able to find a payphone within reasonable distance. Or, if you are in your hotel (or at the airport, say, and want to get precise directions to the Ramada) look up the information number in the phone book and call it. You will find your way around easily.

Because the hotel you refer to is on a busy street, any buses pass by, which is great. Also, because it is relatively close to the north-south running Granville Street (which has many buses going to and from downtown) you will have no problem finding good connections to most places you will likely want to go to.

haisla
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

To: arf68

The info you sent me is most helpful,i have taken note.

Thank-you for you kindness i appreciate it..tiggerdeb

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

I'm staying there next year. There's a very good deal available on Travelocity; it's supposed to be a 3 star.

10. Re: Ramada Vancouver Centre 898 West Broadway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 03:19