We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip between Port Angeles and Friday Harbor

New Smyrna Beach...
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip between Port Angeles and Friday Harbor

Our family, including 2 kids ages 11 & 12, plans to ferry from Port Angeles on the 8:15 ferry, visit Victoria, and ferry to Friday Harbor on the 5:55 ferry. I know that we need to arrive at the ferry terminal in Sidney by 4:25 for customs. That gives us from about 10-just after 4 to see a little of Victoria. I don't want to rush around trying to cram too much in. I'm thinking of checking out the Inner Harbor are for a while (how long, do you think?), having lunch somewhere (recommendations?), visiting the Royal BC Museum, and maybe visiting a park. Would we feel rushed if we try to see Butchart Gardens in the afternoon before getting in line for the ferry to Friday Harbor? Is it possible to play it by ear, and if we feel like we've seen what we wanted to in Victoria by around 12:30 or 1, drive up to Sidney and buy tickets to the gardens then? It will be a Sunday, if that helps.

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day trip between Port Angeles and Friday Harbor

Well, either way, have a wonderful trip :). Hope you enjoyed Olympic NP

New Smyrna Beach...
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day trip between Port Angeles and Friday Harbor

OE, I think you just made my decision with the description of the PA-Victoria ferry being rocky. My husband gets seasick, so . . . Maybe we can see Victoria another time.

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Day trip between Port Angeles and Friday Harbor

Thst ferry travels thru the Straits of Juan de Fuca, which can get rough. Oh, I really hope you can come back for Victoria and Vancouver Island :). And when you do, I mean it, the B.C. Ferries are more well-run and convenient. Tsawwassen (just over Canadian border) to Victoria (Swartz Bay) goes really often and thru the beautiful Gulf Islands.

14. Re: Day trip between Port Angeles and Friday Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2018, 02:17