We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife

I'm in my late 20's and myself and some friends, many in their early 30's are spendinga few days in Victoria.

We are planning on having a night out at some stage which will, hopefully, go on into the early hours. Can anyone recommend some bars near the harbour etc and maybe a club, or late licenced venue? Our night out may not necessarily be on the weekend - undecided on that yet.

Also, how much does an average beer cost?

Thanks!

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

I'm not much up on clubs for guys under sixty, but this may help:

All mentioned below are downtown near the harbour.

The Irish Times pub on Government Street is a big classy pub with a large selection on tap.

Near it is Steamers, which has live entertainment some weeknights, sometimes jazz.

A little further along is Swan's, also a high end pub with good food.

The best entertainment is at Hermann's on view -- jazz almost every day/evening in summer.

The big rocking bar is Legends in the Strathcona, or their other bar on their roof. Those two and Sugar probably run the latest into the morning.

A beer will cost you about CDN$4.50, $5.50 for a Guinness, a couple of dollars more at upscale bars like the one in the Grand Pacific, or the Vista 18.

If you are here this week, JazzFest International is on, great music all over the place.

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

Thanks very much for your help - much appreciated!

3. Re: Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 04:16