We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

It will be August 16 th.

Can anyone tell us what would be open to visit?

Are any Chocolate shops open during that time?

We have been to the gardens so we are not interested in going again.

Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,696 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

The Royal British Columbia Museum is wonderful, but not sure how late it is open in the evening, you'd need to check. How about a hop-on/hop-off bus tour of the city if they run in the evening?

Roger's and Purdys Chocolates close at 6:00 pm; the English Sweet Shop is open until 8:00 pm.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

Thanks so much it was the chocolate shops we am most interested in! I hope we can get to one of them!

I could not remember their names but now I have them to search. Thank you so much!

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

Your problem isn't going to be the fact that it's an evening, but the fact that it's a Saturday evening. The museum is only open until 5pm and a lot of shops and malls close at 5 or 6 on Saturdays. There are a few stores that stay open later because of a cruise ship being in, but not a whole lot of them. My only suggestion is wander around the Inner Harbour area. Lots of people entertaining and selling things.

Bernard Callebaut is the other chocolate shop downtown, but I couldn't find the hours.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

Thanks for the name "Bernard Callebaut" we went there two years ago. I will try to find out!

I hope I can hop off cruise boat ....Princess and go up to them!

The hours we are stopping by are just awful we won't be able to do much as most things are closed! But my daughter says in order for the trip to be considered International we have to make a stop no matter what the hours!

I hope the Empress is open we wanted to buy some Ice Vine Tea.

Is there any where else we can get it if they are closed?

Thanks!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

Bump up for more replies....

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

I imagine anything in the Empress will be open because it's a hotel. The hours aren't ideal, but once you get your chocolate shopping out of the way, you might find at least some tourist shops on Government Street open. Often on summer evenings there are street entertainers along there and on the Inner Harbour. We enjoyed a great performance by a group of musicians last summer on Government, for example, that turned out to be the highlight of our night out.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

also Chocolat on 703 Fort Street is very good

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

Thanks for all your great replies!

Does anyone know how long and how much time it takes to walk from Cruise dock to Empress Hotel?

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

It would be 20 mins - half an hour depending on how fast you walk of course. There will be all sorts of cabs and pedi-cabs and horse drawn carriages and busses to take you into town when you arrive. I suggest a pedi-cab as you can get a little tour on you're way over and it's faster than walking.

10. Re: Cruise ship will drop us on Sat. from 5:00 pm til 11:00 pm..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 18:20