We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Dinner

San Antonio
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice Dinner

We are staying at the Magnolia and and thinking about IL Terrazzo for a nice dinner one night. Per TA, it gets good reviews and has a nice selection from the menu. Is this a good choice? Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Dinner

Il Terrazzo is a very good choice. I have good memories of eating there when I lived in Victoria; unlike many other restaurants in the area which are only visited by tourists, locals like Il Terrazzo as well. Bring your appetite--as I recall, the serving sizes are large.

courtenay
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Dinner

You can"t go wrong going there,great food.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Dinner

right; make reservations, and see if you can get seated in the semi-outdoor area in the rear.

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
170 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Dinner

We like the Terrazo but we also have two in the family with hearing difficulties and they find so noisy that they cannot participate in a conversation at the table - otherwise the food it great.

You have two good options right out the front door of your hotel. The Prime Steak House is located in the same building and we have had very good dinners there. Across the street is the Bon Rouge, and we have out of town guests who go there every visit - however I have not been there so cannot comment.

For a casual and fun atmosphere look at the Irish Times and the Bard & Banker on Government Street, only a few minutes walk from the Magnolia. They are old bank buildings beautifully converted to pubs.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Dinner

good point, Le Bon Rouge is excellent AND they have alfresco dining.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Dinner

Thanks everyone for the responses. We made reservations and if the weather cooperates, will try to sit in the semi-outdoors out back.

7. Re: Nice Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 21:19