We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vernon's Downtown

Creston, British...
1 post
1 review
Vernon's Downtown

Last year a friend and I went through Vernon, and spent a bit of time in the downtown area on our way to Revelstoke. I had never been off Hywy 97 before and was charmed by the downtown and Vernon's scenery. So I am planning to spend several days in Vernon towards the end of May. I'm a 62 year old single woman on a fairly modest budget, but can indulge in a treat or two. I am wondering what there is best to see in terms of art, shopping, restaurants and parks in Vernon.

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
33,086 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Vernon's Downtown

We went to Kin Beach and then around to Ellison Provincial Park. Just gorgeous! The Outboard Pub was a great food stop too.

Comox Valley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
204 reviews
2. Re: Vernon's Downtown

Art: Gallery Vertigo

Breakie/ lunch: Bean There Bistro

Coffee:Bean Scene....check out the back patio!

Happy hour: Marten's brew pub. Excellent appies for $5

Dinner: Curry Pot

All these are downtown, on Main St east of highway or a block off.

Used books: Expressions of Time. Weird name great store. Jewelry too

There are a few gift shops and a good bookstore ( bookland) west of the highway.

Comox Valley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
204 reviews
3. Re: Vernon's Downtown

Art: Gallery Vertigo

Breakie/ lunch: Bean There Bistro

Coffee:Bean Scene....check out the back patio!

Happy hour: Marten's brew pub. Excellent appies for $5

Dinner: Curry Pot

All these are downtown, on Main St east of highway or a block off.

Used books: Expressions of Time. Weird name great store. Jewelry too

There are a few gift shops and a good bookstore ( bookland) west of the highway.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
4. Re: Vernon's Downtown

Thank you so much for considering a revisit to our beautiful city. The downtown core of Vernon has many hidden gems including a Tea Tasting Room Teassentials 3017 B30th Avenue - Olive Us Oil & Vinegar Tasting Room 3003A 30TH Avenue as well as a self guided mural tour and a historic Towne Theatre and much more! The Vernon Visitor centre offers Mural Maps as well as Free parking meter passes for any visitor to our city. The Visitor Centre is located at 3004 39th Avenue and is open 7 days a week until 6pm. Thank you for choosing Vernon! if you require further assistance we are happy to help please call us toll free at 1-800- 665-0795

5. Re: Vernon's Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 October 2017, 21:35

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
26,031 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Vernon's Downtown

Jennifer L - suggest you read the guidelines concerning advertising & solicitation ... you are in violation.

Reply to: Vernon's Downtown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vernon