We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler in May

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
3 posts
Save Topic
Whistler in May

What is there to do in WHistler in May? Can you still ski?

can you already do any hiking?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler in May

With all this snow, I predict skiing until June this year. It will depend on the demand, but the snow is there. If not, you will be limited to alpine hiking until the snow-pack leaves. Downhill mountain biking should be up and running, zip-trekking, lower-level hiking, etc.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler in May

Kind of difficult to predict what May will be like. We were skiing yesterday and it was absolutely fantastic in every way. There is lots of snow, but if we get any Hawaiian Pineapple Expresses later in April, a lot of the snow could disappear.(Warm wet storms that could rain high up on the peaks) May could be wet and rainy or you could have a lot of sun. A lot of the restaurants close up for the month of May. Hiking won't be that great in May unless it is a very warm month. We love Whistler, but the off seasons seem to be May to mid June and October to mid Nov. Just look at the rental rates. They usually really go down for those months. Usually pretty quiet up here then. Good Luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler in May

Hard to say at this point. I was here mid-May 2004, and it was great. Slushy snow, but there was lots of it from mid-mountain up. The first half of the mountain was filled with mountain bikers, so I guess you can hike, but I'm not positive.

4. Re: Whistler in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 23:19