We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hiking trails open beginning June?

singapore
Level Contributor
310 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hiking trails open beginning June?

Hi, may I know which trails of whistler and Blackcomb mountains are open at the beginning (1st week) of June? Or a good chance I can hike them.

I’ll also be renting a car so transport isn’t an issue. With this in mind, would it be necessary to stay in the village or could I stay nearby and just drive up to the start of the trails?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Blackcomb Lodge
Blackcomb Lodge
530 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
3 replies to this topic
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hiking trails open beginning June?

In a normal season, beginning of June thw trails in the alpine will be snow covered. Whistler-Blackcomb likely will not "open" their trails. However, in good weather one CAN hike up on other alpine trails on the snow. For example, you can hike up to Garibaldi Lake or Rainbow Lake, with the top portion on packed down snow. Need goid weather and definitely waterproof hiking boots.

Trails in the valley and NOT alpine (eg Lost Lake, Loggers Lake, and Ancient Cedars) will be fine.

Of course, it could be an atypical low snow pack Winter and snow gone up high early. Not likely though. Last Summer the snow stayed well into July.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb
3,607 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Lost Lake
Lost Lake
1,489 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
singapore
Level Contributor
310 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hiking trails open beginning June?

Thanks! So does it still make sense to go up the gondolas including the peak to peak? Or go up only in good weather for the scenery and possibly hiking some parts of the alpine trails?

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hiking trails open beginning June?

Sightseeing tourists do this year round... in winter they just don't get to walk on any trails. As I said, in beginning of June, there will not likely be any snowfree trails in the alpine and Whistler-Blackcomb will not open any trails up there.

More importantly, however, you should check with Whistler-Blackcomb to see whether gondoalas will be running for sightseeing in early June (ski season ends late May).

Mentioned in this post
Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb
3,607 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Reply to: Which Hiking trails open beginning June?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;