We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage Vancouver

Atherton, Australia
1 post
Luggage storage Vancouver

We will arrive in Vancouver by train and need to store our luggage for about 8hrs before going to airport. Any idea where we can store our suitcases? Want to shop downtown. Lockers at train station? Other options?

5 replies to this topic
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,800 posts
213 reviews
1. Re: Luggage storage Vancouver

http://www.portergenie.com might be worth a look.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,214 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Luggage storage Vancouver

not sure if its changed but at Pacific Station there were lockers, but I'd also think the train would keep them for you.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Luggage storage Vancouver

Wrong forum? Perhaps you should post in Vancouver forum?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
302 reviews
4. Re: Luggage storage Vancouver

I used Porter Genie in August and they were excellent. On time and great service.

Washington State
Level Contributor
987 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Luggage storage Vancouver

Since you are arriving by train (even by Amtrak), Via Rail Canada will store your luggage at Pacific Central Station for a fee ($4 CAD, per bag, IIRC) as long as you can pick it up by the time they close (8:30 pm Tuesdays and Fridays, 5:30 pm all other days).

I am curious as to what train you are arrving on, since there are not that many. The only daily service into Vancouver is provided by Amtrak from the US, with trains from Seattle arriving at 11:45 am and 11:00 pm. If you are arriving from the east on Via Rail's Canadian, which is scheduled to arrive at 9:42 am Wednesdays and Saturdays, chances are the train will easily be 8 hours late or more more due to the horrible way CN is unable to handle 4 passenger trains a week anything close to on time. Right now the current westbound Canadian which departed Toronto 12/26 is 11 hours late. If you have a same day air connection from the Canadian even a long one, I wish you luck because you will need it. Full disclosure, I love the Canadian and ride it farily regularly, but reality is reality.

Reply to: Luggage storage Vancouver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted