We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler

5 posts
Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler

Hi All,

Hoping for some suggestions on accomodation for Whistler for three friends travelling together in their mid 30's.

We'll be travelling from the UK in mid December 2018 for a week so have plenty of time to organise but want to get the best possible deal.

Preference would be for a good hotel as we like the convenience (breakfast, concierge etc), whilst we also want to be very central to the slopes (ski-in and ski-out) plus goos apres ski access. We haven't set a budget yet but are all well established in life so looking for something in the mid to upper range, but don't require anything too pretentious. Semi-luxury but social and good value is my preference.

The questions I have are:

Which hotel are most suitable for a small group of friends?

Do many hotels offer two bedroom options or is this only self catering holiday rentals (I.e. Airbnb)?

What sort of budget should we allocate for a weeks stay Mid -Dec (not xmas week)?

How far in advance do we need to book to get the best deal?

Thanks in advance

:)

6 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,878 posts
140 reviews
1. Re: Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler

If you subscribe to the Whistler web site you will receive all the deals as they come out. Usually mid August early September the discounts for early bookings are at the best. They say 30 to 30% off. Most of the hotels (big ones with concierge service) are in the core area where all the activity is occurring.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
28,055 posts
109 reviews
2. Re: Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler

Welcome to Trip Advisor!

While you are waiting for the trip, and continuing to do your research, make sure everyone in your group has a current passport, and that they have all successfully received an eTA. I would not book any flights until that has been taken care of.

It costs $7.00 for the eTA, and not a penny more. So make sure you are on the correct Canadian Government website when you apply.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler

As for budget: if after ~Dec 15th, there are only "upper range" prices (of course, it depend how you define mid-upper).

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
13,750 posts
152 reviews
4. Re: Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler

We stayed at Pan Pacific Village with 2 other couples in 3 bedroom penthouse in May..so off season for skiing but a great location. Hotel chains like Fairmont, Pan Pacific, etc do offer discounts if you join their " club" ( no cost) so that is worth checking. The 3 bed unit had good living space, kitchen and 3 bathrooms plus balcony...service was good.

Edited: 31 December 2017, 11:53
5 posts
5. Re: Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler

Great thanks. We'll be there for a week from 10-17th Dec. Penthouse option is a good idea. I've tried to look at rates and options but Pan Pacific and most of the other hotels won't let me search dates that far in advance so will have to wait a little. Will also subscribe to the main Whistler site for the early bird deals, thanks for the great tip.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
725 posts
6. Re: Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler

Hi, Tegan from Tourism Whistler here,

Agreed that it's always best to book early. Keep an eye out over the next couple of months as hotels begin to release inventory for the 2018/19 winter season.

Some hotels that most likely meet your needs and budget would be the Pan Pacific Mountainside, the Westin Resort and Spa or the Hilton Whistler. Each of these are virtually ski in/ski out and located centrally within Whistler Village. Each offer 2 bedroom suites but they often sell out earlier than traditional hotel rooms as this inventory is limited.

The winter early bird sale ends August 31 each year so you should get the best deal so long as you book before then. Also keep an eye out for Stay and Ski packages which include discounted lift tickets that are bundled with your accommodation. As mentioned above, it's always great to keep an eye on the Whistler Insider newsletter for the early bird deals.

Reply to: Best hotel suggestions for 3 guys in 30's in Whistler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted