We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping Skis/Snowboards to Whistler from North Carolina

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eden, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Shipping Skis/Snowboards to Whistler from North Carolina

My family will be traveling to Whistler in March and I'm wondering how much more it will cost to ship our equipment from North Carolina. Also does anyone know who has the best rates?

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping Skis/Snowboards to Whistler from North Carolina

Can't you bring them on the plane ? Ask the airline what they will charge you.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,401 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping Skis/Snowboards to Whistler from North Carolina

International shipping is Very Expensive-nothing like the rates charged domestically in the USA.

In addition Courier Companies in Canada are notorious for poor service and arrogant staff.

I urge you to consider bringing them with you on the plane no matter the cost.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipping Skis/Snowboards to Whistler from North Carolina

<<I urge you to consider bringing them with you on the plane no matter the cost.>>>

I no longer bring my skis on airplanes. Now I just bring my boots and rent skis & Poles. It much easier.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shipping Skis/Snowboards to Whistler from North Carolina

Bring them on the plane with you or bring just the boots and demo skis ( better option than renting imo)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shipping Skis/Snowboards to Whistler from North Carolina

bring them on the plane (check with your carrier first)...shipping will be prohibitive (est...oh about $400 Plus-one way)...failing that, rent at the mountain

6. Re: Shipping Skis/Snowboards to Whistler from North Carolina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 05:19