We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler activities for a few hours

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pietersburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Whistler activities for a few hours

We will be doing a day trip from Vancouver to Whistler in June with a tour. We will have 4 hours in Whistler, what activities are there that could be done in this short time. Peak2Peak seems nice, but is it worth the cost? We are a family of 3 (middle-aged couple and a teenager)

Thank you

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
6,781 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler activities for a few hours

Peak 2 Peak provides you with dramatic alpine scenery that you won't experience from the base of the mountain at Whistler Village. It is expensive, but it's the most memorable non-winter Whistler activity you can do, in my opinion.

Another idea is to the visit the Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre which is right in the heart of Whistler. It's a museum/art gallery/cultural exhibit of the region's indigenous (First Nations) people. It's led/curated by the Lil'Wat First Nation and the Squamish First Nation so it's a pretty authentic portrayal of their culture.

Pietersburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler activities for a few hours

Thank you BC Robyn.

Can one buy tickets for Peak2Peak in Whistler or can we only buy online?

Thanks for info on the cultural centre - sounds interesting.

Your feedback is appreciated

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler activities for a few hours

I agree, the Peak2Peak is definitely worth doing. Also, take time to have lunch at the top! If you like hiking, you can do that too. Strolling in the village will also take a little time. I would suggest doing the Zip Line, but I'm not sure you will have enough time for that. If you prefer to just go for a walk in the forest, then the walk around Lost Lake is nice.

You can buy your tickets right at the base of the gondola that will take you up to the Peak2 Peak.

Edited: 17 February 2012, 19:55
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,335 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whistler activities for a few hours

I've done the day trip to Whistler multiple times and the Peak 2 peak is definitely the thing to do. Its absolutely spectacular. You should be able to do it, have lunch on top then come back down. It will take 2-3 hrs easy. its well worth it.

sometimes the tour companies have discount tix that will be cheaper than buying online.

Pietersburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whistler activities for a few hours

Thank you both for your advice. I would have liked to do a short hike but thought time would be a problem. I think we will do the Peak2Peak and have lunch on top and if we have time take a walk or go to the cultural centre.

I am so looking forward to the trip!!

I read an earlier post of someone who was on the mountaineer which then had problems and they only had 1,5 hours in Whistler!! Does anyone know if this happens often?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whistler activities for a few hours

I don't think that would happen often.

7. Re: Whistler activities for a few hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 05:20