We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental?

P n
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
9 helpful votes
Bike Rental?

I'm coming to Whistler in September and am hoping to rent a bike and ride the valley trail as I have heard this is a great way to explore Whistler. Can you tell me where in Whistler is the best and cheapest place to rent a bike from please as the places I have found online seem very expensive?

Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,253 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Bike Rental?

Everything in Whistler is expensive there is no way around that-you might look into staying @ a B&B than includes a free bicycle.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Bike Rental?

Depends what type of bike you want. I'm sure some of the local shops can rent you a X county rather than a DH for a reasonable rate.

Whistler, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
3. Re: Bike Rental?

Summit Sports rents Valley Trail bikes for $40 a day or for kids $27. Whistler/Blackcomb valley bike rentals $37 per day.

You can also try Fanatyk Co or the Whistler Bike Co.

Orciano di Pesaro...
Level Contributor
6 posts
89 reviews
120 helpful votes
4. Re: Bike Rental?

It really depends on the type of bike, and what you consider to be expensive.

I'm there in June/July and I have arranged to hire from Evolution Whistler. http://www.evolutionwhistler.com

Top end XC bikes (Santa Cruz Tallboy LT) for around CA$75 a day, which seems like great value to me.

They only do quality bikes though, so if you are looking to pay less, you'll need to look elsewhere.

P n
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Bike Rental?

Thanks for all of your replies. I'm not looking for a top notch kind of mountain bike. Just looking for a bike to get around Whistler and have an explore, not to go on the trails with. I think Summit sports is the best option after looking at other suggestions. Thanks again.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
772 posts
34 reviews
33 helpful votes
6. Re: Bike Rental?

If you stay at Nita Lake Lodge they have free bikes and I believe canoes for their guests.

Ali

7. Re: Bike Rental?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.