We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis

Woodbury, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
3 helpful votes
taxis
Save

I'll be in St. John for a day as a cruise port stop. I'd like to take a cab to Rockwood Park. Do cabs in that area accept credit cards or US cash? (My ship doesn't do currency exchanges.) Also, is Uber or Lyft available there? TIA!

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
1 helpful vote
1. Re: taxis
Save

It's "Saint John". There is no Uber or Lyft, but your taxi should take credit cards. Don't inconvenience your driver by asking them to accept US currency, which they then have to go to the bank to use.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
11 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: taxis
Save

They will take US dollars on par with the Canadian dollar. Don't expect them to figure out the exchange rate

West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
108,269 posts
99 reviews
638 helpful votes
3. Re: taxis
Save

IF the taxi driver accepts US cash, it will be as a courtesy and the exchange rate will NOT be in your favour!

Best Regards

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
11 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: taxis
Save

What exchange rate! They all accept US dollars at PAR without hesitation. Not sure I would call it a courtesy as they are making an additional 30% off the top

Reply to: taxis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.