We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jarred/bottled/canned lobster

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
6 helpful votes
Jarred/bottled/canned lobster
Save

I'm not positive how it is referred to but it basically lobster tails (or meat in general) in a jar with a herb/garlic brine. I heard it's a New Brunswick thing and as we will be visiting next week, was hoping to find a place that sells said lobster and see what it's all about. Any clues? My apologies in advance for any ignorance on this subject.

Le Petit Paris
$$$$, French, Seafood, European
La Coast Restaurant et bar
$$ - $$$, French, Bar, Seafood
Le Moque-Tortue Games Bistro
$$ - $$$, French, Seafood, Healthy
2 replies to this topic
Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
361 reviews
113 helpful votes
1. Re: Jarred/bottled/canned lobster
Save

You can find canned lobster which is sometimes also frozen in most grocery stores. I have never seen jarred or bottled lobster. Lobster is usually served plain with melted butter and perhaps lemon if it is hot. Served cold as a salad or in a lobster roll, it is generally mixed with mayonnaise or perhaps an old fashioned boiled salad dressing.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
361 reviews
113 helpful votes
2. Re: Jarred/bottled/canned lobster
Save

A further thought, you do see jarred pickled herring here and occasionally pickled Atlantic salmon. In either case they have to be kept refrigerated. You'll find them in the fresh seafood section of any of the major grocery stores.

Reply to: Jarred/bottled/canned lobster
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shediac
US$USD
Canada (English)
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.