We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shediac - campground recommendations

NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
18 reviews
13 helpful votes
Shediac - campground recommendations
Save

We will be traveling in an RV. I expect we will roll into town in the evening and go to the beach the following day before leaving for Miramichi.

My question is - which campground do you recommend, South Cove or Ocean Surf? Since we'll likely check out in the am before going to the beach, does it matter (although we will likely hang out in the campground during the evening - or tour the town if we are at Ocean Surf)?

Alternatively, should we stay in Cape Pele and drive into Shediac in the AM to go to the beach? I'm open to suggestions...

5 replies to this topic
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Shediac - campground recommendations
Save

I haven't camped in Shediac as my family has a cottage there so I can't comment on the campgrounds. Ocean Surf is walking distance to the beach and near Point Du Chene Wharf which I would recommend you visit. Personally, I would prefer to be closer to Shediac but nothing is too far away so it shouldn't matter where you stay. Hope this helps.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Shediac - campground recommendations
Save

Just checked out South Cove camping as I hadn't heard of it before. It has recently had a name change. I haven't camped at either but the area of Ocean Surf is close to the beach and surrounded by cottages and some homes. Accross the street is a Provincial Campground. South Cove is closer to some restaurants and downtown but personally I think Ocean Surf is in a nicer area.

NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
18 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Shediac - campground recommendations
Save

Do you think the distance from South Cove to downtown is walkable? Or is a short drive?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Shediac - campground recommendations
Save

The distance from South Cove is walkable. Maybe 15 min. depending on how fast you walk.

NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
18 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: Shediac - campground recommendations
Save

Thank you!

Reply to: Shediac - campground recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shediac
US$USD
Canada (English)
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.