We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Service from Port aux Basques to St. John's

Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Service from Port aux Basques to St. John's

I am travelling to Newfoundland this summer to take my father's ashes "home" and thought I would take the ferry to Port aux Basques and then get a bus to St. John's, to see a bit of the island. I have checked the Newfoundland & Labrador website, the Port aux Basques and St. John's sites and googled . . . I come across references to "daily bus service at 8:00 a.m." and "DRL runs daily buses" but I cannot find a website or schedule for DRL. I would hate to get there and find I had to rent a car . . .

Does anyone know about this bus service or have contact information for DRL?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Vermont
Level Contributor
243 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Service from Port aux Basques to St. John's

709 263-2163 is the number I have from a couple years ago. I know the bus still operates. Good luck.

Jordan

Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Service from Port aux Basques to St. John's

Great - thanks Jordan. And phoning has the added benefit of getting to hear a Newfoundland accent!

bonavista
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Service from Port aux Basques to St. John's

try typing drl coachlines. it should give you all the info you need. p.s. sorry of your fathers passing. god bless.

Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Service from Port aux Basques to St. John's

And there's the schedule . . . on the VIA Rail website! Many thanks! And thank you for your kind words about my father - ironic that this will be the first time we make the trip . . . there's a lesson there.

5. Re: Bus Service from Port aux Basques to St. John's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 01:21