We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights TONIGHT !!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights TONIGHT !!

Hi All,

RE – AURORA BOREALIS

CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp) is reporting that tonight most Canadians will probably have a good chance of seeing the Aurora Borealis (those within the band of 51 to 62 N Degrees of Latitude). Conditions will be best for those the farthest north, and where skies are the clearest, and if there is a show, it will be best in the wee hours.

CBC – Northern Lights May Give Southern Show = cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/08/03/solar-sto…

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,235 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights TONIGHT !!

Do you really need to spam?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights TONIGHT !!

TO BIBIMBOB,

Travellers ask frequently about the Aurora Borealis... and unfortunately more often than not we have to tell them that they just won't see them in the more popular Destinations in the southern part of Canada.

So getting this timely info out there was important I thought... hopefully some Travellers to Canada will get to see this phenomena tonight.

As for SPAM ???

I assume that you are referring to the fact that I have posted in the CANADA TRAVEL FORUM... as well as the majority of the Canadian Provincial FORUMS (everyone who is in the latitude range and not usually treated to the Northern Lights on a regular basis).

Obviously... you personally look at the whole CANADA TRAVEL FORUM on your screen so you knew that there were so many posts... BUT this is not the way that most of the Canadian Advisors and certainly not the way that most Travellers view the FORUMS... they typically use the Province as their highest level... so if they are looking say at the ONTARIO TRAVEL FORUM... they'll only see ONE POST... which is why there is a post in each of the relative Provinces.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights TONIGHT !!

Wine-4-2, I thought that was very nice of you to let people know there might be a chance to see that wonderful sight. I hope people actually got to see the Northern Lights. Believe it or not, even way down in Portland, Oregon they had it on the news, but alas, nothing seen that far south.

Anyway, that was thoughtful of you to share-what a fantastic opportunity! I'd be interested to hear if you all saw anything, and if so, describing it. Take care.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights TONIGHT !!

I don't regard this as spam either - but useful information.

This now leads me to ask what are the chances of seeing Northern Lights in Labrador, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia in September? I'd assumed it would be too early in the year for them.

Eleanor.

5. Re: Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights TONIGHT !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 03:26