We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

George Street Festival 2013 dates

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
George Street Festival 2013 dates

Is the George Street Festival always from the last Thursday of July until the First Wednesday of August??

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

Correct!

Placentia, Canada
Level Contributor
736 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

666 post doggles...mmm,kinda spooky with haloween a comin

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

I just noticed! I better make that 667 :)

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

For 2013 that wouldn't make any sense.... what dates will it be this year? Starting July 25th or August 1st????

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

It should be Thursday, Aug 1 to Tuesday, Aug 6. George Street Fest ends the night before the Royal St. John's Regatta which is the first Wednesday of August (weather permitting). That falls on August 7, 2013.

toronto
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

Anyone know where the most convenient place to stay would be? I'm coming out from Toronto and don't want to get stuck somewhere too far away!

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

There are many hotels around the George Street area. Depends on what you want to pay!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

In general, you are not too far away with any of the hotels in St. John's as long as you are not near the airport....it's a question of being able to stumble back to your hotel or take a cab back.....

S B
Calgary, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

The closest hotels to the Street would be the Delta, Blue on Water, Murray Premises hotel - within 5 minute walk.

But as the previous poster mentioned, there are many hotels a short walk or cab ride away. The Sheraton, Marriott Courtyard, Quality Inn Harbourview and Hometel are all downtown just a little longer walk (10-15 minutes) or a $7 cab ride.

There is also the Holiday Inn & Hillview Terrace Suites which are not walking distance but not an expensive cab ride - say about $15-20.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: George Street Festival 2013 dates

Hi,

I'm wondering if Great Big Sea has been scheduled for the Festival this year and if so when they are playing? There is nothing on their web site, nor the festival site...

Thanks