We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Thinking of going to Halifax this summer. Hoping to stay someplace where you can walk to number of things. Plus looking for a place that has an outdoor or rooftop pool. Basically hate indoor pools...like what's the point. Anyone have any pointers?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Two choices, one on the Halifax Common and one in Bedford http://www.halifax.ca/rec/Beaches.html

Around here, if we want to swim outside, we go to lakes and ocean beaches.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

no looking for hotels that have one

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Ah, sorry, misread it. That's what I get for reading before my morning coffee :)

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Yep, the Delta downtown has what you are looking for. There are 2 Delta's, the Delta Barrington and the Delta Halifax. It's the Delta Halifax you are looking for.

www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels/hotels.php…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

not really, the idea of an outdoor pool is that it is not surrounded by walls or has a ceiling. The Deltas fail the test. On the other hand, found Holiday Inn Harbourview

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Inn on the Lake has an outdoor pool, but it's freezing cold.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

Holiday Inn Habourview is in Dartmouth, across the bridge from downtown Halifax, if you want to walk to a number of things in downtown Halifax then it fails the test in my opinion. You would need to take a taxi or bus to downtown Halifax, or walk across the bridge and then a ways to the downtown, or walk down to the street a bit in Dartmouth and take the ferry across. This is totally doable and not a bad location, but to think you can just walk out the door, take a 5 minute walk and be at lots of downtown Halifax attractions is incorrect.

Inn on the Lake is nice, but it is not in the downtown Halifax area and you would need to drive to all attractions.

If I was looking to stay in a place in Halifax where I could walk to a number of things I would consider the following downtown hotels: Citadel, Westin, Lord Nelson, Delta Halifax, Delta Barrington, Cambridge Suites, Marriott Halifax Harbourfront, Prince George. Not sure which ones have outdoor pools.

I agree with the poster that stated Nova Scotians when they want to swim outside they choose lakes and ocean. I think the nearest lake to swim in near downtown Halifax would be Banook Lake in Dartmouth. Ocean beaches for swimming would be farther.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

basically none of hotels have outdoor pools. As for what Nova Scotians want, really? The hotels are for tourists not locals

Halifax
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

It might not be an outdoor pool or a roof top pool but the Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake Hotel has a fresh water lake that you can swim in. It is a local favorite. Hotel is located 4 KM from Downtown Halifax and easy walking distance to the Halifax Shopping Cente.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Halifax - Outdoor pools?

thanks, the trip has been called off due to crazy airfares

Get answers to your questions about Halifax