We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wasaga Beach Sauble Beach or Grand Bend

ontario
4 posts
Save Topic
Wasaga Beach Sauble Beach or Grand Bend

Hello all.

I have decided to rent a cottage this summer with a few friends of mine. Our ages range from 17-19.

Now I personally have been to all three beaches listed in the title, but it was a while ago and when i was younger the only things I paid attention to is how big the waves were or how big of a sand castle i could build.

Now as a teenager I am stuck to decide which areas would be most enjoyable for us. Which places have the most to do for out age group or others.

Sauble and Wasaga seem to be the favourites right now among my friends mainly due to cost of renting at Grand Bend.

Is one more populated or crawded than the other? For example when you go downtown which area seems to have the most or least people?

Maybe you've only been to one or two but if you have any comments - positive or negative - let me know!

Thank you

Rob

Hamilton, ON
Level Contributor
942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wasaga Beach Sauble Beach or Grand Bend

Kind of depends, you will probably limited by your age. Some places just want a credit card, but some places have a minimum age in order to rent a place.

Also, beaches, summer, it'll all be busy so you need not worry about that.

As for what is in the area entertainment wise, I do not know.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wasaga Beach Sauble Beach or Grand Bend

Hi Rob,

All three spots have a lot going on for your age group, moreso on the holiday weekends.

You will have some difficulty renting anything very nice because of your age. People will assume the worst with partying. My 19yr old son and 4 friends rented a pretty basic cottage---one room plus bathroom-- in the Bend for the July 1st weekend last year and it worked out fine....very no frills (they used coolers) but they weren't there much. Had a great time and met people from all over. They rented it through one of the hotels in Grand Bend.

Sauble, Wasaga and Collingwood are also fun spots, and depending on where you're coming from, I'm sure would work out fine. You might have to be prepared for a steep damage deposit though.

Good luck!

Ont
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wasaga Beach Sauble Beach or Grand Bend

when I was about that age my friends & I rented at Wasaga, my parents went with us to check in & gave credit card (they didn't stay).

I prefer Sauble for it's beach and I find a little less crowded on non holiday weekends so lots of room to spread out & be comfortable.

Wasaga I think has more to do off beach, waterslides, few more shops etc.