We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review has gone

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
8 helpful votes
My review has gone

I would like to know where my review of Crystal Beach Motel has gone? If I remember correctly it was titled "Disgusted". It was there a year or so ago but somehow it's been taken off.

5 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
109,070 posts
99 reviews
640 helpful votes
1. Re: My review has gone

Hi lilbiteb;

For future reference, the Support Forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvisor_Support.html

You will need to contact TA staff directly by using this web form.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Click on "status of my review", then select "Not listed".

Best Regards

Crystal Beach
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: My review has gone

Hi, you may not have read the guidelines because there it says:" Tripadvisor reserves the right to remove any post for any reason."

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
17 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: My review has gone

That is really lovely, we take the time to write a review and then "for any reason" it can be wiped out. Makes me wanna write a long review right now, lol.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
34,626 posts
130 reviews
190 helpful votes
4. Re: My review has gone

TripAdvisor has guidelines for reviews, as well as forum posting guidelines. Is it possible that your review somehow didn't meet the guidelines? Reviews don't get removed just because they are negative but if you are not careful when writing and stray over the guidelines, then you give the hotel the ammunition it needs to ask TA to remove it. The only way to know for sure, though, will be to contact them as suggested above and enquire about it.

In checking out that hotel's reviews, I gotta say I would give it a miss just because it has a suspicious number of single-post reviewers, especially the favourable reviews .... always a red flag, imo, especially if the OPW hasn't returned in years.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
22 reviews
26 helpful votes
5. Re: My review has gone

That hotel is a dump. Never stayed but have drove by. From what I see on the reviews all the single posts are from the owners themselves giving the place rave reviews. All the legit reviews slam the place for being what it is....a pig sty.

Reply to: My review has gone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crystal Beach
More Crystal Beach Topics
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.