We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing from the USA to Canada at the Niagara Falls

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rolleston-on-Dove...
1 post
Save Topic
Crossing from the USA to Canada at the Niagara Falls

If I fly into Buffalo in the USA and get a taxi to Niagara, what will the cost be to drop me at a hotel on the Canadain side of the Falls?

We plan to fly from Boston to Buffalo, or would it be better to fly to Toronto and then travel down to Niagara?

Many thanks

Rodney

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,108 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing from the USA to Canada at the Niagara Falls

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Rodney;

I would suggest looking at the "Top Questions" area on the right side of your screen, for your transportation options.

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crossing from the USA to Canada at the Niagara Falls

Hi Rodney P,

Welcome to the NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM

And I see that you are a Brand NEW Member of TripAdvisor... so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Generally speaking it is cheaper and more convenient to fly into Buffalo vs Toronto. In that International Air Travel costs more, and also because the USA has a greater level of deregulation (so they have bargain airlines which we do not... such as Jet Blue)

Additionally, Buffalo to The Falls is under 1 Hour... Toronto to The Falls closer to 2 Hours via Public Transit / Rental Car etc.

Two things though you haven't told us... and knowing them would aid us in helping you plan your vacation further (as we'd have a look at the broader picture)

1- WHEN are you planning to visit ? (month)

2- And WHERE and HOW LONG is your visit for? Is Niagara part of a bigger visit to North America... the USA alone, or Canada too? Or perhaps you are here for a short visit for business and looking for a quick add-on?

Many Travellers do fly into one city, and out of the other particularly in the Summertime... as this really is the best time to see and explore farther afield in Ontario (weatherwise)

As always, the more info you give us... the better equipped we are to advise you.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 16 December 2011, 09:59
3. Re: Crossing from the USA to Canada at the Niagara Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls