We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

FYI, I have read several times, people quoting Niagara Falls as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Unfortunately it isn't. Many feel that it should be. The seven listed as the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World are: Great Pyramid of Giza; Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Statue of Zeus, Colossus of Rhodes; Temple of Artemis; Mausoleum at Halicarnassus; Pharos of Alexandria. There are also sub-lists that have just 'Wonders of the World', there is Natural wonders, Human wonders, Man Made wonders, But Niagara isn't anywhere to be seen. It is however thought to be the most powerful waterfall and most beautiful.

Should we start a petition? I would love to see it on the Natural Wonders List. Most who visit say it is "Wonderful"!!

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

I lived in the falls for a few years, but never heard anyone refer to it as one of seven wonders. Wonderful, Spectacular, Amazing - yes. Honeymoon Capital, yes.

Petition? I'll pass. The area can now promote all the golfing available.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

I was also told that Niagara Falls was one of the 7 wonders of the world, sure why not i'll join a petition, these falls are something that no other country has and they are beautiful and I think they deserve to be one of the 7 wonders of the world or even if they add it it could be 8!

Pibb,

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

I've sometimes heard it refered to as the 8th wonder of the world. Where's that petition. I'll sign it too!

Ron

Saxonburg, PA

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

I think NFalls is Seven NATURAL Wonder of the World...

But to me, WHO CARES! It's just a matter of one's opinion. If I like that place/site/structure etc, I'll go back. If not, I don't care if it's 7 Wonder or 5 Magic or whatever...

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

The "seven wonders" are wonders of the ancient world -- the ancients knew nothing of the Americas. On the other hand Kodak (which should know) tells us that the falls at Niagara Falls is the single most photographed natural wonder in the world.

Let's pass on a petition -- to whom would it be sent? Herodotus? For a discussion see: …wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Wonders_of_the_Wor…

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

When we were first there 3 years ago..I had a pamphlet saying that is is one of the 7 wonders of the world....we have since done alot of research into this....I beleive it is considered one of the natural 7 wonders of the world

Northumberland, PA
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

I think it all depends on the source you are looking at. I have seen it listed as one of the "Seven Natural Wonders of the World", and have even seen it as one of the "Forgotten Seven Natural Wonders of the World".

I consider it a WONDER and just love the place.

I don't care what list they do or don't put it on.

Dan

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

Totally unrelated, but I remember reading a book on the 7 wonders of the world when I was just a wee tot, and I read that the golden gate bridge was one? awkward.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

Thanks everyone for your replies. As you see, there is confusion as to whether it is a 7th wonder , Natural or otherwise. I 'googled' it, and I couldn't find it listed on any official listings. There may be some individuals who have there own list and put it on , but wikpedia, or such doesn't have it on any of the lists. I even found one web site for voting for new " World Wonders", but it isn't even on that list to vote for?!

thanks again all,

cheers,

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seven Wonders of the World-Niagara Falls isn't one of them

Interesting, oh well.

Pibb,