We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maid of the Mist with a baby

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Maid of the Mist with a baby

My daughter and her husband are going to NF end of the month.They have never been to the area and are excited about going on the Maid of the Mist. They do however have a seven month old with them. Are there any problems with taking someone that young on the boat. Is there a place to park a stroller securely at the boat boarding site?

Binghamton, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maid of the Mist with a baby

I would call and ask about secure stroller parking. I was just there about a week ago and I seem to remember strollers just sitting outside, but I'm not sure.

I would also ask if there are restrictions or problems in taking a baby on the boat. You do get quite wet, especially if you're close enough to the side of the boat to see much. We felt like we were in a rainstorm, so that's a consideration.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,029 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maid of the Mist with a baby

Hi paparam;

Another thing to consider is the roar of the Falls, which is quite intense, and will be overwhelming for a 7 mo. old.

Best Regards

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maid of the Mist with a baby

Personally, I don't think I'd take a baby. It's very loud and very wet when you get close to the falls.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,163 posts
775 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maid of the Mist with a baby

I'd think that it could get quite scary for a seven month old, you may want to skip MotM...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maid of the Mist with a baby

Thank you so much for your input. Some other solution will have to be found, such as one parent going at a time and the other keeping the baby on dry land.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Maid of the Mist with a baby

there could be very long lines. would they let 1 stand in line and let people pass until the first person comes back or would they have to wait in line again. Lines can be very long.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,029 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maid of the Mist with a baby

You're Welcome, paparam !

8. Re: Maid of the Mist with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 00:17