We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara on the Lake Wedding

san francisco
1 post
Niagara on the Lake Wedding

I am interested in getting married at Niagara on the Lake. I've been looking but have had a hard time trying to find a place to accomodate my 150+ guests. I would love to get married at a winery but a beautiful ballroom would be nice. At the same time, I will have a lot of out of town guests who will also need a place to stay. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for indoor our outdoor receptions.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Niagara on the Lake Wedding

You would have to call about maximum number of guests, but an outdoor wedding at Riverbend Inn overlooking the Niagara Parkway would be beautiful:

http://www.riverbendinn.ca/weddings/

Here's a post from a very happy bride after her wedding there:

http://tinyurl.com/28md9o

Peller has facilities for 150 (max) so if it's a few over you could also contact them:

www.peller.com/peller/visit_winery/groups.asp

Both have wonderful food, excellent service and would be a special place to celebrate. Riverbend Inn is actually right next door to Peller which could prove to be convenient either way.

Another hotel with a ballroom (likely over the 150 number) is Queen's Landing or one of the other vintage hotels which are also very well regarded venues:

vintage-hotels.com/niagara-on-the-lake/weddi…

The rooms at the wineries tend to be smaller but there is always the aspect of a tent, though each would have to be contacted about numbers.

Offhand those are the possibilities that come to mind. Hope that helps somewhat.

ontario
Level Contributor
103 posts
2. Re: Niagara on the Lake Wedding

i am thinking one of the other wineries also has facilities that might accomodate not sure maybe chateu de charmes or inniskillin

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Niagara on the Lake Wedding

My mother-in-law had her wedding this year at Hernder's Winery in Niagara. It was absolutely fabulous- and there are two main rooms for receptions and the "upstairs" one can accomodate your guests for sure. A taxi took us from there to the Howard Johnsons in St. Catherines in about 10 minutes flat- it is where most of the wedding guests stayed. You should go take a look- or look at their website- they have package deals for wedding. Everything is pretty clearly priced out.

Buffalo, New York
1 post
4. Re: Niagara on the Lake Wedding

Hi and congratulations! Was just wondering if you did have your wedding at Niagara on the Lake as we're looking for a winery/inn to have ours. Biggest thing is that we would like to have outdoor space to possibly get married outside and is or looks older more classic lookin than modern. Thanks in advance for any suggestions - helps a lot as I live in CT and am planning this long distance.

Best,

CG

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Niagara on the Lake Wedding

Hi Carrie~ If you go through the information and links in the responses here I think you may find several spots to your liking.

I've seen the outdoor wedding tents and settings at Riverbend two years ago and it was stunning! The tents are on the lawn overlooking the Niagara Parkway with Riverbend Inn as a backdrop......contact them for more info about the number of guests you want and other pertinent details. It's where we like to stay in Niagara on the Lake........

http://www.riverbendinn.ca/weddings/

You can always send the poster (buff16) a private message too if you like. Good luck with your plans and Congratulations!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
184 reviews
6. Re: Niagara on the Lake Wedding

Carrie

if you are looking to have an outdoor wedding there are two venues that i would look at doing. If you are looking for a Winery then the best place with the greatest backdrop would have to be Chateau De Charmes. Behind Chateau is all vineyards that lay against the Niagara Escarpment, its amazing. The area is just beautiful and lots of weddings happen there. They also have an amazing caterer that is Wellington Court a fine dinning restaurant in St Catharines. I was just at a wedding that they catered and the food was unbelievable. The chef Eric is an amazing chef and i have eaten in the restaurant a few times and had his food at functions. If you choose Chateau i would ask if they could do it. If you are just looking for an outdoor venue and you dont have tons of people coming like around 80 then look into Navy Hall. It is right on the water over looking Fort Niagara on the US side and it is absolutely beautiful. My girlfriends sister just got married there in June! If you need also need ideas for people to stay when coming for the wedding i know lots of b&b owners and some b&bs that are not worth their beauty. Those would definitely be my first two choices on places to be married. Then i would look at Riverbend which is beautiful and looks onto vineyards and Peller Estates. Peller does not do weddings.

7. Re: Niagara on the Lake Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake