We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Tea-High Tea

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Afternoon Tea-High Tea

Hello. I will be spending my 50th birthday in Niagara Falls. Can someone recommend a very good place to have Afternoon Tea?

Thanks!

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
10,122 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Afternoon Tea-High Tea

In Niagara Falls:

Queen Charlotte Tea Room on Main St.

In Niagara on the Lake:

The Prince of Wales Hotel in Old Town

McFarland House Tea Garden on the Niagara Parkway

Charles Inn in Old Town

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Afternoon Tea-High Tea

Hi Makaita,

Welcome to the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL FORUM

Good info here from my esteemed colleague FALLSDUDE… let me add some more…

Many would say that THE PLACE to go for Afternoon Tea in NOTL is the historic Prince of Wales Hotel… tea is served daily from Noon to 6 PM in the Victorian Drawing Room… see the Prince of Wales Hotel Website for more info = vintage-hotels.com/princeofwales/dining.htm

The menu includes many varieties of Tea to choose from… and is accompanied by Finger Sandwiches, Scones and Pastries… and various “tipples” are also available if you are one who likes to indulge mid-afternoon.

Prince of Wales Hotel – Afternoon Tea Menu = vintage-hotels.com/docs/…202008.pdf

There was a great Trip Report done here on the FORUM last Fall by a Traveller from Ottawa… JANE13OTTAWA who is also a well-known “regular” poster / contributor to the CANADA FORUMS (so I really trust her point of view).

She told us at the time…

== snip ==

… We went off to the Prince of Wales Hotel for high tea at 5:00 p.m. Valet parking is free (tips extra of course) and was really handy. Speaking as a high tea expert I must say that this one ranked as one of the best I have had this side of the ocean.

== end ==

You can find here complete account on the RESTAURANT REVIEW for the Drawing Room at the Prince of Wales Hotel complete with a photo

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154999-d1874…

And I see since she wrote her REVIEW back in September 2010, that there are now several others as well on that particular TA Page.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Afternoon Tea-High Tea

total thanks to both of you! high tea this is one of my favorite indulgences.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Afternoon Tea-High Tea

Hi Makaita,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

<< High tea this is one of my favorite indulgences >>

Do then come back to the FORUM and share an Update or Trip Report with us... we'd love to hear all about your Niagara Adventures.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
156 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Afternoon Tea-High Tea

Just for a little extra info on the Afternoon Tea at the Prince of Wales.....If you are ever back up this way.....they always have coupons for 2 for 1 Tea every March and November.....That makes for a great price!!! A couple of times now l could not find the coupon in the newspaper, and l called and talked to the girl in the drawing room and she made sure there was one there for me. Mmmmm fresh baked warm scones!!

6. Re: Afternoon Tea-High Tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake
Recent Conversations