We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport bus to downtown hotel

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport bus to downtown hotel

I understand the bus is the best and fastest way to get from the airport to downtown. Can someone please tell me which bus would go from the airport to the National Hotel and Suites (former Delta Suites Hotel), 361 Queen Street and where is the nearest bus stop to this hotel? I will be arriving 4:30ish on a Sunday. Do the buses run 7 days a week? Thanks so much.

1. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 February 2012, 13:38
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

The 97 is the only city bus route that operates from the airport. It runs down Albert Street thru the city centre: for your hotel, get off at the Kent stop (stops are announced & displayed in the buses).

Walk up one block to Queen Street, hotel is between Kent & Lyon.

Re the previous answer, there is no east or west designation for Queen Street in Ottawa.

Buses run on Sunday, you can see schedules and route planners at http://octranspo1.com/

Edited: 05 February 2012, 00:18
Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

There is only one Queen street in Ottawa, and it doesn't cross the canal, so there is no "east" or "west" to worry about.

The #97 is the OC Transpo bus that services the Ottawa Airport - it runs 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, and till 2 am on weekends (though late nights, service is ever half hour). You can find route and schedule information here: www.octranspo1.com/routes/?selectRoute=097

Your hotel is well-located if you wish to take the bus - you would walk out the doors of the airport, turn right and walk 1-2 minutes to the bus stop (or to the bus - they usually idle for 5-10 minutes before leaving), and take it for 25-30 minutes until the Bay street stop (the buses have electronic signs and stop call out - the stops before, going backwards, would be Kent, Bank, Metcalfe and Rideau Centre). From there, you are about a block and a half from your hotel (walk in the same direction the bus is going, to the corner of Bay and Albert, then turn right and walk north one block to Queen street).

Going back to the airport, you'd walk down Bay two blocks, to Slater, turn right, and walk a half block to the stop, and take the #97 again - it will say "Airport," and that will be the last stop).

A cab will, in most cases, be faster - the ride may be cut in half, and will certainly be more comfortable. Bus fare is $3.25 for an adult - I would expect that a cab from the airport to downtown would be at least $30, though it has been many years since I did that trip in a taxi, so I may be off. But the bus is direct, decently convenient, and an inexpensive option.

Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

Beat me to it, ronw!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

You're right, but I got the stop wrong (in my haste to beat you :-))

As you say, the hotel is between Lyon & Bay.

Bus tickets can be bought at the lttle tuck shop at the Airport just across from the domestic baggage claim - reduces fare to $2.60/person.

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

Sorry- I didnt notice that the original poster was asking about Ottawa not Toronto

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,995 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

Hi traveller_yyz;

You can delete your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within the post you wish to delete and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

Best Regards

usa
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

Thank you so much!

usa
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

Thank you so much for your through information. I really appreicate it!

usa
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport bus to downtown hotel

Thanks for responding...even though someone beat you to it!